Thursday, March 31, 2011

I AM NOT PERFECT I AM FORGIVEN


"We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.”
― Anaïs Nin

A friend of mine posted this on her FACEBOOK page.  Pondering and bible study last evening I was reminded whose view and prospective is the most precious and valuable to me in a simple verse

1 Corinthians 10:31
“WHATEVER I EAT OR DRINK OR WHATEVER I DO, I MUST DO ALL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.”

GOD has allowed or created my dietary speed bumps for HIS purpose:   to strengthen my relationship with HIM.  Not an exciting task to poke my fingers 7+ times a day to test blood sugars (once before each meal and 2 hours after eating), and when I stumble I really don’t want to see the numbers, but they are necessary for two great reasons.  To be used as a guidepost to advise my choices and actions not weapons for emotional beatings.  A finger prick is a temporary discomfort…I is also an invitation (a speed bump) to slow down and look to GOD acknowledge HIM, thank HIM for HIS love, support and forgiveness: LIFE!!!  
I woke up with a blood sugar of 120….2 hours after eating a 149….not bad…but have done better.

FAILING TO PLAN IS PREPARING TO FAIL

This is so true for my meal daily plan.
Journaling and Meal planning (previewing a menu  or brown bagging) are a must for my success…..When I don’t there is wiggle room for the tempter and half truths to sneaking a bite of this or that.  “OH one bite won’t harm me”….the truth is I hurt myself and God…I don’t want food to rule my life.  Focusing on God’s word and my relationship with HIM… meal planning/journaling just a part of my time with HIM…15 min to plan/prepare/pack/pray ….great way to start a successful day

(Reminder what works for me may not work for you; follow that of your nutrition councilor)

Daily goals in 3 meals 2 snacks

calories
carbs
fats
protein
sodium
fiber
daily goals
1400/1600
175-200g
47 - 53g
70-80g
0-2300
25-35g
today's plan
1446
184
55
73
2068
36

So glad God has healed my cold
I really need to get back to exercising…a great time to listen to worship music and commune with God.   

I am not perfect I AM FORGIVEN!!!

AND SO ARE YOU!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment